Saturday, January 26, 2013



Basil having some fun in the snow!!!!  He has a natural aptitude for levade as you can see.  I have had Basil since he was a young horse (about 3 1/2) and have trained him mostly on my own.  I have been blessed with some wonderful teachers to help me here and there along the way.  I am an adult amateur dressage rider.  I started riding later in my twenties when I could first of all afford lessons and a horse of my own.  When I first bought Basil he was untrained, even to the halter.  Now he is trained to 4th level dressage, which is quite and accomplishment.  I currently work with Bettina Drummond who has helped me more than I could have ever imagined.  She is a gifted teacher who truly understands the biomechanics of the Iberian horse.  I am very blessed to have her helping us.  My goal is Grand Prix one day, which is the highest level of the sport.  Not many horses have the talent or personality to reach this but I know Basil does.

No comments:

Post a Comment